A fire Monday night in Pocasset injured two residents and burned nearly 25 percent of the home.
Bourne firefighters responded to a fire at 9 Portside Dr. in Pocasset at 4:49 p.m. Monday, according to the Cape Cod Times. The fire started in the living room of the two-bedroom ranch home. One occupant attempted to put the fire out with a garden hose before firefighters arrived at the home. Firefighters noticed flames in the house and that about a quarter of the home was involved. The home also was heavily damaged by smoke. Two occupants were taken to Falmouth Hospital for treatment. The state fire marshal’s office is investigating the blaze.