- Saturday: Wake up sleepy head! Today will be a gorgeous day, according to the National Weather Service, with abundant sunshine and a high near 66. West wind between 10 and 13 mph. Tonight, not so bad, as it will be partly cloudy, with a low around 54. West wind between 11 and 13 mph.
- Word of the Day: Disingenuous - : lacking in candor; also : giving a false appearance of simple frankness : calculating.
- Want to shoot some baskets today on one of the nicest parquet basketball floors on Cape Cod or maybe play a little pick-up basketball? Well then head right over to the in downtown Hyannis – the Barnstable Recreation Department has an “open gym” there from 12:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Oh yeah, and speaking of basketball, don't forget to tune in tonight at 8:00 pm to the Boston Celtics versus Philadelphia 76ers in the first game of the NBA's Eastern Conference Semifinals.
- In case you’re a high school varsity-level baseball player and live in Barnstable and are looking for a place to play ball this summer, the Barnstable Post 206 American Legion baseball team will be holding its first of two tryouts tomorrow, Sunday, May 13, from 11:00 to 1:00 pm at McKeon Park in Hyannis. Spots are limited but if you live here and are between age 15-19, you’re likely eligible to compete for a spot!
- Thirsty? The will be hosting a tour of its facilities today from 1:00pm to 2:00pm at 1336 Phinney’s Lane in Hyannis. Tour Cape Cod's only microbrewery! Learn how beer is made. Tours are free and open to all ages. Tour takes about 45 minutes. Must be 21 to sample. Children must be supervised. Gift shop on site carrying wide variety of locally produced goods.