1. The National Weather Service says it's going to be seasonably mild today, mostly sunny, with a high near 41. North wind between 8 and 11 mph. Tonight, it will likely be mostly clear and calm, with a low around 25. North wind around 6 mph. A good night for star-gazing.
2. The Merriam-Webster Word of the Day is "Lymphatic," which has two meanings, with its less common definition being: lacking physical or mental energy : sluggish
Read more - http://www.merriam-webster.com/word-of-the-day/
3. With the lack of snow and the unusually balmy temperatures for most of this winter, squirrels seem to be inordinately abundant here on Cape Cod. It's been theorized that these pesky little critters do not enjoy Cayenne pepper - but birds do not mind it one bit - try placing some dried hot peppers in your bird feeder next time, if you'd prefer to keep the bird food for the birds and not an army of rodents.
4. Speaking of the white stuff, according to the NWS Southern New England Significant Weather Event maps, this has been the third snowiest January on record for the City of Boston (38 inches) - thank goodness that's not the case here in Barnstable, even though our snow-plowers are likely wringing their collective hands. Can anyone give us a definitive total of how much snow has fallen here this winter?
5. Google, the world's favorite search engine, is changing its "privacy" policy, beginning March 1, 2012. You might want to see exactly what type of information this billion-dollar business is keeping and disseminating about you!