With all of the tree trimming, cookie baking and partygoing, there is so much to do during the holidays that it's easy to leave shopping for Christmas presents until the last minute. But by then, the malls and chain stores are usually chaotic and the mere thought of battling crowds is exhausting.
Here are some ideas for easy gifts that can be bought locally and require little stress:
- Go to The Little Beach Gallery and pick out some pretty bathroom soaps and candles for teachers, relatives and neighbors. The gallery also offers unique jewelry and a set of mason jar wine glasses, complete with a lid.
- Go to Islands for great men's sweaters, nautical bracelets and sweatshirts.
- Go to Books by the Sea and pick out a few fun titles for the children in your family, or your kid’s friends.
- Go to La Petite France and order a bakery gift basket or box of cookies that would be a delicious complement to holiday dinners.
- Go to Butlers Sporting Goods and pick up a gift certificate, gear supporting your favorite local high school team or sporting accessories for the athlete in your life.
- Go to Shift Boutique for scarves, jewelry, women's clothing, and even baby gifts.
- Go to Salon 700 and give someone in your life who needs a little relaxation a gift certificate for a manicure, pedicure or spa treatment. The salon has many package deals for Christmas.
Tell us: What are some of your own last-minute gift ideas? Share in the comments below.