A winter storm watch will be in effect from Saturday afternoon through Sunday morning. The heaviest precipitation is expected Saturday night and into Sunday.
The snow will mix with sleet and freezing rain and forecasters are predicting the snowfall will be topped with ice.
The National Weather Service warns that roads will become dangerous late Saturday as the snow picks up in much of the region. Sleet and freezing rain may also make the roads slick.
How much snow are we getting? Here are the latest predictions by multiple news sources as of Friday afternoon:
- National Weather Service – 1 to 3 inches
- Channel 4 – 1 to 3 inches
- Channel 5 – less than an inch
- Channel 7 – 1 to 3 inches
- Channel 25 – 1 to 3 inches