As the chill of fall hits the air, Pain D’Avignon, Cape Cod’s beloved bakery, café and bistro in Hyannis, led by Executive Chef Matthew Tropeano, welcomes guests with warmth akin to a loaf of its signature fresh-baked bread. New seasonal culinary and wine offerings invite diners from the Cape, Boston and beyond to break bread at Pain D’Avignon’s tables this season.
Chef Tropeano’s Fall Fare
After a successful debut this summer season, Executive Chef Matthew Tropeano launches a fall menu celebrating Cape Cod’s finest autumnal produce through classic French technique.
Begin your meal with some of the new hors d'oeuvres at Pain D’Avignon. Designed to delight guests’ palettes, these elegant small bites can be enjoyed before dinner with a glass of wine or later in the evening while listening to live music. Selections include French classics and odes to Japanese and North African cuisine:
· Cheese Gougeres made with Light Gruyere & Parmesan Cheese Puffs
· Grilled Lamb Merguez with Harrisa, Garlic-Saffron Sauce and served on Housemade Baguette
· Crudo of Hamachi with Sliced Chili Pepper, Soy, Sesame Dashi Gelee
Hearty & satisfying seasonal entrees include:
· Housemade Cavatelli with Boneless Lamb Shank, Delicata Squash, Syrah, Roasted Tomato Lamb Sauce & Pecorino Romano
· Braised Beef Short Rib with Swiss Chard, Soft Parmesean Polenta and Sage-Infused Beef Jus.
· Poached Chatham Lobster with Heirloom Carrots, Braised Endive, Roasted Pear and Citrus Buerre Blanc
With the unveiling of a custom-built wine room, guests are further inspired to uncork selections from Pain D’Avignon’s carefully curated wine list to pair perfectly with Tropeano’s creative cuisine. The new wine room showcases Pain D’Avignon’s pride in its wine collection, itself a fruitful journey through France’s wine regions from the Loire Valley to Languedoc-Roussillon, as well as the restaurant’s standing as Cape Cod’s premier French dining destination.
Providing a musical nightcap to Tropeano’s menu, Pain D’Avignon features live music by Perry Rossi & En Fuego on Wednesday nights and the spinning beats of DJ Sinnetti every Friday evening.