Here are five things you need to know Tuesday, Oct. 29.
1. Tuesday will be mostly cloudy with a high around 51, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Ian Ives, Director of Mass Audubon's Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary, will speak at the Sturgis Library on Tuesday, Oct. 29, about the shorebirds of Barnstable’s Great Marsh and Barrier Beach ecosystem. The free event starts at 6:30 p.m., and registration is requested.
3. The Barnstable Conservation Commission will meet Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. The meeting will take place in the hearing room.
4. A preschool story hour will take place at the Cotuit Library Tuesday, beginning at 10:30.
5. The Mid-Cape Chess Club will be playing at the Centerville Public Library from 1 to 7 p.m. Tuesday.