Here are five things you need to know Friday, September 27.
1. Friday will be partly sunny with a high around 64 in Barnstable, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Neighborhood Health Plan, Harbor Health Services and 106.1 WCOD-FM are teaming up for a family-friendly health education event at Cape Cod Mall on Friday, Sept. 27. The event will feature health screenings, kids activities and giveaways.
3. Today is the last day the Wings of Freedom Tour, a Collings Foundation tour that brings restored WWII planes to various airports, will be in Barnstable. The planes will be on display at the Barnstable Municipal Airport from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Friday.
4. The Cape Cod Community College Studio Theatre's "Play With Your Food," series of staged readings will start Friday night at 7 p.m. The CCCC will present four readings for free.
5. Barnstable is in for a sunny weekend, according to the National Weather Service. The high Saturday and Sunday will be near 68.