1. The Sturgis Library will host Fulbright scholar and West Barnstable resident Meera Subramanian tonight at 6:30 for a discussion called "Elemental India: Farming into the Future."
2. The Renewable Energy Commission will meet at 6:30 p.m. The meeting will be held in the Selectmen's Conference Room.
3. Children's author Susan O'Hara will be speaking at the Hyannis Public Library at 11:30 a.m.
4. Tonight is the opening of the Cape Cod Art Association's “Birds, Beaches and Boats”, a juried artists exhibit and sale. The exhibit, which closes September 9, will be held at 3480 Route 6A, Barnstable.
5. The Licensing Authority will hold a hearing at 9:30 this morning. The meeting will be held in the Hearing Room.