What's Open and Closed This Fourth of July?
Not going out of town this Independence Day? Here's what will be open and closed in the Town of Barnstable
The Fourth of July is Wednesday, and while most workplaces are closed and the barbecues are fired up, you still may need to get out and around Barnstable. Here's what you need to know about what's open and closed.
- Town offices: Parking tickets happen at all times of the year, including the Fourth of July. However, Barnstable Town Hall, including the clerk's office will be closed Wednesday.
- Mail: The U.S. Postal Service will not have any post offices open on the Fourth of July, nor will there be any mail delivery or pickup.
- Trash collection: The dump is closed.
- Emergency: Call 911 for police or fire emergencies.
- Businesses: close partway through the day on July 4, check with your local business. They are open at the owner's discretion.
- Banking: Banks and stock markets will be closed.
- Public Transportation: Will run on a holiday schedule.
- Library: Closed Wednesday.
- Movies: Need to get out with the family on Wednesday, holiday or not? Take them to the movies!
- Liquor Stores: OPEN!
Do you own or manage a business in Barnstable? Leave us a comment with your holiday hours.