Got Spring Events? Get the Word Out Now!
Learn how to post events to the Barnstable-Hyannis Patch calendar.
With spring just around the corner, there are soon to be more events then you can possibly fit into a day around here. However, that does not mean that your event should go unnoticed and a great way to get your event out to the public is by posting it on BH Patch.
By getting your events onto the calendar today, visitors planning their trips can learn about your events when they search the dates they’ll find your info. Plus, it will be one less thing to do once the real hustle of summer arrives.
If you’ve never posted an event on BHPatch, here are some instructions. And we highly recommend adding a photo to go along with the listing!
- Create an account on Barnstable-Hyannis Patch. Don’t have one yet? Click Join in the top right of the page. It’s free and easy.
- Go to the event entry page. When you're logged in, click the Events tab under our logo at the top of the home page. Click the button near the right of the calendar page that says, "Add an Event."
- Give your event a title. Be descriptive, but space is limited. Try something like, “Centerville Library Bake Sale Fundraiser,” or “Hyannis Family Fun Day.”
- Start entering the info. If your event occurs more than once or is ongoing, check the box labeled "This event happens more than once or is an ongoing event" under the “Time” field. If your event doesn’t have a specific time, or if it has more than one time, you can leave the "Time" field blank. If your event does not occur more than once, you can skip the next step. If you have an event that repeats, follow the instructions on the screen to determine how to enter the event. You can post up to 15 months of dates.
- Select a location. If your event occurs at a business or organization, there’s a good chance it’s in our directory. Search the name of your location. If your location does not come up, you’ll have to type in the address, then select it when it comes up in the list. You can click “Add details” to give your location a name. If you still can’t find your location by entering the address, e-mail me at email@example.com
- Write a description. What’s happening at the event? What’s it about? Why is it happening? Be as descriptive as possible and include as many details as you have. Don’t forget to spell check your work, by using the little blue ABC checkmark icon at the top of the box.
- Upload a photo. If you've got a photo or PDF to include, click “Choose files to upload,” then browse your computer for your selected files. You may add a caption, but it’s not required. [Note: Copyright laws apply. Please only use images you have ownership of yourself.]
- Categorize your event. You can choose more than one category and more than one feature, but you must choose at least one category.
- Extra information. If people have questions or want to get in touch with organizers, is there a website they can visit? Who should they call or email? Is there an admission charge, or a registration fee? And if your event requires a ticket, is there a website people can visit to order their tickets?
If you've filled out all the required fields (they're marked with an asterisk) and you’re happy with the information, click “Post My Event.”
The next page that you’ll see is your event listing, posted live on BHPatch! You can take that link and post it to your Facebook and Twitter pages to let your followers know about the event.